Friday, February 25, 2011

I did it... twice!

A big thank you to all of you POSSIBIL(I)TIES mavens for helping kick my assets into gear. I am now the proud owner of two framed pieces.

They've been waiting a while for this. I know it shouldn't be all that hard. Pick your stuff, turn it over to the shop, wait to trade $s for paper-wrapped goodies in a few weeks. Not hard at all.... save for when you're lame.

First allow me to introduce:
2011 02 20 003
Blackbird Designs "My Quaker Home" framed in a medium Wedgewood-ish blue. It was finsihed in 2007 and sheer sloth kept it from getting framed until now. It's been clamped to a skirt hanger just waiting for me to pay attention.

Now the real problem child--
2011 02 20 005
Mirabilla's "Halloween Fairy" which was done being stitched on back in August of 2008. Then the problems began. You see I changed some colors in the piece, so between the odd (aka hard-to-match) colors called for in the chart (the dress brown, the orange, and the peachy beads) and the ones I changed (the green, the ink black, and the metallic), it became impossible to find a frame that went with everything.
I got so desperate at one point I even tried this combo:
2009 10 01 045
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either.
I'm glad I got this lovely frame finally--
2011 02 20 009
My framer (who has a love-hate relationship with me) even did black spacers to match the frame instead of his usual ivory ones-- I think the effect is quite spiffy.
2011 02 20 010

Once again, a big thank you to the POSSIBIL(I)TIES crew (especiially Diane for getting us inspired in the first place!!!)! Onward and upward to the next languishing piece!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ruth, your pieces came out beautifully framed! I love the frame you ultimately chose for Halloween Fairy. It suits her perfectly! Quaker Garden looks fabulous, too! Congratulations!!!

Marcy said...

I like your frames -- the one for Halloween Fairy is perfect.