They've been waiting
First allow me to introduce:
Blackbird Designs "My Quaker Home" framed in a medium Wedgewood-ish blue. It was finsihed in 2007 and sheer sloth kept it from getting framed until now. It's been clamped to a skirt hanger just waiting for me to pay attention.
Now the real problem child--
Mirabilla's "Halloween Fairy" which was done being stitched on back in August of 2008. Then the problems began. You see I changed some colors in the piece, so between the odd (aka hard-to-match) colors called for in the chart (the dress brown, the orange, and the peachy beads) and the ones I changed (the green, the ink black, and the metallic), it became impossible to find a frame that went with everything.
I got so desperate at one point I even tried this combo:
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either.
I'm glad I got this lovely frame finally--
My framer (who has a love-hate relationship with me) even did black spacers to match the frame instead of his usual ivory ones-- I think the effect is quite spiffy.
Once again, a big thank you to the POSSIBIL(I)TIES crew (especiially Diane for getting us inspired in the first place!!!)! Onward and upward to the next languishing piece!